In framework of National Resource Center for Civil Society (NRC) in Albania financed by the European Union, and implement by Partners Albania for Change and Development in partnership with European Movement in Albania and Albanian Center for Population and Development, 12 informative sessions will take place through the entire Albanian region. These activities implemented by EMA, where its representatives take part as experts and trainers, aim to increase information and capacity building of the civil society actors on the issues related to country’s European integration and the role that civil society can play in this process. They aim to increase information and increase capacity of the civil society actors especially at local level.
Session trainers are Mr. Gledis Gjipali, Executive Director of EMA and Mrs. Nirvana Deliu, Policy Researcher at EMA. The main topics of training sessions include discussed were: 1) History of EU-Albania relation: milestones of this process; 2) Comparison between Albania’s progress and other Countries of the Balkan regions – which are the frontrunners?; 3) A detailed overview of the institutional structure that will deal with the negotiation process in the country and the opportunities the civil society organization would have, focused mostly at the newly adopted structure: Platform of Negotiation.
Eleven training sessions have been concluded so far:
- Online Training Session with participants from Korça and Pogradeci organized on 19 June 2020. Around 19 representatives from civil society organizations and local actors in Korça and other small cities of the area, took part in this session, whose topic was focused on EU Integration process of Albania highlighting the role civil society sector can play in this process and informing about the possibilities the sectors has to be engaged and involved focused on negotiations structures.
- Online Training Session with participants from Dibra organized on 22 May 2020. Around 12 Civil Society Organizations took part in this online session. During the session the participants expressed their interest on EU negotiations process of the country and how the local organizations can be informed and engaged in the Consultation Tables.
- Online Training Session with participants from Gjirokastra, Patosi and Vlora organized on 15 May 2020. Representatives from Local NGOs from these regions took part in this session. They were interested on the process of EU Integration and how EU supports the civil society sector in our country.
- Training Session in Fier organized on 25 February 2020 in which around 17 participants from Civil Society took part. During the discussion the participants expressed their interest in being part of the tables of discussion concerning Chapter of EU negotiations. Moreover they showed which are the issues and obstacles of Local NGO-s to absorb the funds granted by IPA II and/or other international financial instruments.
- Training Session in Lezha organized on 20 February 2020 in which around 15 participants from Civil Society and Local institutions took part. Participants raised their concern regarding the lack of information shared to them when it comes to funding opportunities or other initiatives to make them able to be engaged and to contribute. Another issue was the low motivation of public, and more specifically of youngsters to be part in various activities and initiatives.
- Training Session in Elbasan organized on 31 January 2020 in which around 20 participants from Civil Society and Youth organizations took part. Participants discussed about the perspective of Albania in the European Union, how SCO can be engaged in order to support and facilitate the process of EU integration of the country
- Training Session in Puka held on 23 January 2020, with participation of 20 of civil society representatives and local actors. Participants discussed about the role of civil society in this process while raising the issue of how to be really involved in this process, as they perceive it is a process concentrated only in the capital. There were questions regarding the opportunities on EU programs and projects under IPA Civil Society Facility.
- Training session in Vlora held on 16 October 2019, with participation of 16 representatives of civil society. Participants discussed about the role of civil society in this process and which are those challenges that this sector faces, especially the local and small NGO-s. They showed interest toward integration process, especially on the reasons why Albania is taking so long with the negotiating process. They asked more on the ways they can be involved and contribute and wanted to know more information on which structures they can cooperate with.
- Training session in Shkodër held on 9 September 2019, with participation of 15 representatives of civil society. Participants discussed about the role of civil society in this process and which are those challenges that this sector faces, especially the local and small NGO-s. They asked more on the ways they can be involved and contribute, focused on EU supported programs such as IPA programmes and IPA Civil Society Facility.